North Queensland Trip Part 1.

  In case you haven't realised. There haven't been any posts for the last little while. This has been because I've been soaking up the sun in Cairns and Townsville, Australia. I've come back refreshed and re-charged and full of enthusiasm for the next few busy months ahead. So what did I get up to?


I first got off the plane in Cairns and it felt like I had stepped in to a sea of colour, warmth and noise. Its frangipani season so the air is heavily perfumed, this took me back to my childhood in Malaysia and Singapore. I did a quick google for healthy eating spots and headed to lunch at the quirky and colourful Caffiend. Their kale and quinoa is delicious and the atmosphere is one of a kind. Situated in an alleyway decorated with extraordinary wall art and tables made of creatively recycled materials this little spot was a true gem.


The next day we headed to the early morning markets in the city. I love markets with their scents, colours and flavours. There were stalls of vibrant flowers, fresh herbs and tropical fruits for an entire block and a quirky assemblage of food stalls. I loaded my bags with dragonfruit, custard apples, rambutans and mangoes which I feasted on for the next few days.


Later that day we headed to the scenic and relaxing palm cove. We enjoyed the sea, salt and sand along with the beautiful interiors and service of Peppers resort. Their restaurant's cuisine is outstanding with the best Asian greens, complete with green papaya and papaya leaves.


The next day we headed up the coast to Port Douglas, home of lots of history and shops. We visited St Margarets by The Sea for some sight seeing and prayer and followed it up with freshly made sorbet and shopping. Everything in this town is so photogenic and bright with clear beaches and skies complemented by a sea of white buildings and sails. If I were to settle in North Queensland this would be the place.


No comments :

Post a Comment