My top 5 eating spots



Its no secret. I love my eating spots, I'm always on the look out for new haunts providing the perfect quirky atmosphere and a delicious array of healthy, intolerance friendly options. I'm glad to be in Auckland, where there's such a broad selection of eating places, and I continue to discover and enjoy more and more of them but these are the top 5 which are my default go to places. They never fail at good food and good service.

Bolaven, Mount Eden

I think its safe to say Bolaven is a head above other local cafes and eateries. Its ambiance and decor is is reminiscent of a gorgeous, indie take on South East Asia and the food is outstandingly delicious while remaining free range and mostly dairy, gluten free and healthy.

Welcome Eatery, Grafton

These guys have the coolest, friendliest staff on the block so its a delight to dine there every time. Their smoothie selection is delicious and highly addictive and they keep it fresh with creative seasonal menu's. My personal recommendation: try their cacao smoothies, packed with nutritious ingredients and they taste oh-so-decadent.

Casablanca Cafe, Mt Wellington

I've always had a soft spot for Middle Eastern and North African cuisine and Casablanca always delivers. From their Moorish brunches to their large selection of teas these guys have everything right going on. Check out the restaurant at night when its lit up with gorgeous Moroccan lanterns and bright colours. This place is truly magical.

The Garden Shed, Mount Eden

This cute little corner of Mt Eden was a recent discovery for me and, my, was it a good one. Everything is garden themed, down to the wildflower seeds you get with the bill and it has a gorgeous, secret garden-like, courtyard graced with quirky tin tables. The menu superb with, options for vegans, paleos and everything in-between. Their paleo chocolate tart, in my personal opinion, is the physical manifestation of heaven.

Little Bird Unbakery, Ponsonby

I found out about little bird through my last yoga teacher a little over a year ago and, to be honest, I was expecting mediocre, very light fare (you know, a lettuce and tomato and some lemon juice on a plate) but man was I put wrong. Little bird led me into the delicious and nutritious world of raw vegan food and I learned the joy that is zucchini pasta, raw crackers and hazelnut milk. This place is the perfect spot for a tasty brunch with the girlfriends, but bare in mind its very popular so be prepared to queue for a table for 10-30 minutes at peak hour.

No comments :

Post a Comment