Amy's 'Faux' Pad Thai (GF, DF, V*)


I'm going to be honest, Pad Thai is my weakness. Since cleaning up my diet over the last 2-3 years its the one food I treat myself with every month or two because I just love the flavour mix of sweet, sour, salty and nutty. Its so indulgent and moorish.

I've recently been gaining a lot of inspiration from the Green Kitchen's cookbooks and loved their recipe for raw vegetable based pad thai. I've done my own spin on the recipe with my personal flavours and its now on the top of my favourite dinners list.

Ingredients: Serves 4


Sauce

1 1/2 Tablespoons of tamari/soy sauce
1 Tablespoon of honey
1/2 Tablespoon of fish sauce (optional)
1/4 Teaspoon of chilli flakes
Chopped peanuts
Coriander/Cilantro (diced)

Pasta

2 Zucchini
1 Carrot
1-2 Cups of mung bean sprouts

Protein

1 Teaspoon Coconut oil
250-300 Grams of Tofu or Prawns 

Instructions

Create pasta by using a spiralizer of julienne cutter for both the carrot and zucchini. Blend the sauce by thoroughly mixing all sauce ingredients. Once blended use 2/3 of the sauce, thoroughly mixing it through the noodles and sprouts until they are fully coated.

Use the remaining to cover your protein and then fry it in a wok or fry pan at high heat with coconut oil for 3-5 minutes. Serve noodles topped with your protein and garnished with extra chopped nuts, coriander and a wedge of lemon.


No comments :

Post a Comment