Recipe: Gluten Free Overnight Bircher (DF)

Finding the perfect breakfast can be tough. For me it needs to be yummy and not to heavy in my stomach first thing in the morning. It also needs to be packed with protein and fibre and, of course, gluten and diary free. Pre-gluten-free I loved over night bircher muesli, it was great for my busy life and fulfilled my nutritional needs. Following this, I really got into freshly squeezed juice and fresh nuts and sprouts but juice can take a long time to prepare and isn't always practical so for those days I am on the run and want something I can simply put together and take with me I take this delicious gluten free bircher. 

This recipe is easily modify-able and does a great job at replicating the flavour and texture of oats. Both brown rice and chia seeds have a great amount of protein and fibre which are an awesome boost for an early morning meal.

Ingredients:

1 cup measure of almond and coconut milk
1/4 cup brown rice flakes
3 tbsp chia seeds
handful raspberries
handful boysenberries
5-6 almonds

Instructions:

Place ingredients (aside from the almonds) in the jar and leave overnight to soften. In the morning toss in some almonds and enjoy your delicious bircher. Namaste.




No comments :

Post a Comment