Scenes from the weekend: Wandering Graden City

This weekend was magnificent! It was an extra long one as I took an extra day off to add to an already long weekend and flew to one of my favourite spots, Christchurch, to spend time with loved ones and do some wandering and shopping.

When I arrived in Christchurch we headed to the awesome tea shop Teasme. They have a gorgeous ceramics collection with probably one of the more extensive tea pot collections that I have seen in a smaller tea shop. I didn't buy anything because I was already heading home with a suitcase of bone china and leaving room to spare to buy cook books - but next trip I will definitely be planning to leave some room for these gorgeous teapots.


On Saturday we went to Ballentynes to do a spot (a lot) more shopping. Their china patterns and tea sets are so beautifully displayed its just a treat to wander through and breath in the beauty. I splurged a little and got some cute outfits for some weddings coming up, I am so looking forward to dress up.

I have a long standing obsession with glasshouses, especially old school ones. Christchurch botanical gardens have recently restored there massive old glasshouse following the big earthquakes. I can safely say this is a must see if you are in the area! Its a beautifully designed work of art with art deco archways, trailing ferns and bright colours. I would live there if I could.


Springtime in Christchurch means rhododendron mania. All the many gardens are alight with flame coloured trees. It was such a treat to wander amongst them and take photos, soaking up some much needed sun time. Total bliss.

On my final day in Christchurch I had a morning tea date with my darling Grandma in the botanic garden's amazing new cafe Ilex. They have a beautiful light inspired minimalist decor, an excellent tea selection and some of the cutest cacti centerpieces I have seen. This place is the perfect hang spot, I only wish I went to Christchurch more so I could make this my go to cafe.


No comments :

Post a Comment